Who knew making dinner could be so easy? With GE’s Air Fry Mode, you can make chicken sandwiches and onion rings at home that’ll become instant family-favourites, all without the mess of deep frying. Cook smarter with no need to pre-heat beforehand. A little advance preparation is required, but you’ll have restaurant-quality meals before you know it.
Tips and recipes provided by GE Appliances. These recipes were created specifically for GE No Preheat Air Fry Mode. Results may differ on other air fryers.
Air Fried Onion Rings and Chicken Sandwiches
What you’ll need
For the onion rings
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. salt, divided
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 2 large sweet onions, sliced ½-inch thick and separated into rings
For the chicken sandwiches
- 2 large chicken breasts, cut in half and pounded to an even thickness
- 4 brioche burger buns
- 1 cup buttermilk
- ¾ cup panko breadcrumbs
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. paprika
- ¼ tsp. dried thyme
- ¼ tsp. ground ginger
- ¼ tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tbsp. kosher salt or 1 tsp. table salt
- Oil Spray
- Place the chicken breasts in a plastic bag and pour in the buttermilk and salt. Seal the bag while squeezing the air out. Marinate in the refrigerator (preferably overnight, but for at least an hour before cooking).
- In a shallow bowl, combine the breadcrumbs, flour and spices.
- Remove the chicken breasts from the plastic bag. Remove excess buttermilk and dredge in the breadcrumb mixture.
- Arrange the chicken breasts in one layer on a parchment-lined baking sheet, thoroughly coating with oil spray on both sides.
- Air Fry at 375°F for 20 – 25 minutes (internal temperature should read 165°F) or until chicken breasts are crispy and golden brown.
a. If more cooking is desired, flip the chicken halfway through and spray with more oil.
- Meanwhile, to cook the onion rings, set aside three more shallow bowls. Mix flour, paprika, and ½ teaspoon salt in one of them. Combine buttermilk and egg in the second bowl. Finally, combine breadcrumbs and the remaining salt in the last bowl.
- Remove excess moisture from the onions using paper towels. Dip the onions in the flour mixture, followed by the egg mixture, and finally, the panko mixture.
- Arrange in a single layer on a dark-coated, non-stick baking sheet, adding oil spray over top as desired.
- Air Fry at 400°F for 10 minutes, flip, and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Serve immediately with chicken sandwiches. Be sure to add your favourite dipping sauce!
Want to try out these recipes? Make sure your GE range is eligible to download the Air Fry upgrade, or check out our selection of GE ranges in-store.